Wednesday, July 3, 2013

33 weeks


Nugget and I sure have been growing a lot, lately.  For a few weeks my Braxton Hicks were so intense that I didn't do much of anything.  Thankfully, my midwife, Alexa, gave me a homeopathic oil (Toko Oil, or contraction oil) that pretty much nips those little guys in the bud.  Braxton Hicks, or "practice contractions", are necessary in massaging baby and getting her/him ready, as well as the 'ole uterus, for the big day.  Some people don't even notice they are having them, but others, like myself, do.  It's nothing to be concerned about, but because the frequency of mine were brought on by activity, I decided to take it easy for a bit as I got used to other symptoms.

On Saturday was Baby Cole's shower, and we are so thankful to all the co-hosts - Sarah, Brett, Tressa, Lindsey, and Katie - as well as all of our friends and family for making it so special.  I had a ball, and Matt even joined in on the fun later (pics to come).

How far along?  33 weeks
Maternity clothes?  Yes!  Though I am actually wearing more pre-pregnancy clothes now because of the weather.  Thank goodness for maxi dresses and skirts!
Stretch marks?  A few
Sleeping?  I've been sleeping a lot better now that I'm able to be more active during the day.  I find I sleep better the days I swim or do yoga.  I also feel that getting used to the big belly and hourly restroom breaks are becoming more normal, thus not so irritating.
Cravings?  FRUIT!  Watermelon is my absolute favorite.  I've also been consuming my body weight in grapes, bananas, and strawberries.  Other cravings include strawberry cupcakes, Thai and Indian food, Speculoos, and Sno Biz (which they don't have over here!!).  And of course, chocolate soy milk is always a favorite :)
Aversions?  Nothing new or too crazy.  There are more things I can't eat due to discomfort than things I don't want to eat, ha!
Other symptoms?  Same as last time.  Braxton Hicks, backaches, headaches, fatigue.  It may sound miserable, but I don't feel too bad.  In fact, most days I feel just perfect (knock on wood!).  Though I think heartburn may be sneaking into the picture :/  I'm starting to notice a trend with tomatoes (NOOOOOOO!).
Best moment of the week?  Our shower :)  I know I have the best friends in the world, but it always surprises me just how many people care about us.  Because of these friends we are able to give our baby more than we could ever imagine - and spoil it!  We are forever blessed.  Another great moment was resuming my life!  After three weeks of lying around, I finally was able to attend yoga class and start swimming.  By the way, floating/swimming in a pool during pregnancy is nirvana.  Hands down, the most relaxing experience I've had in a while. 

 33 weeks - YAY!
 Brett and me
 Matt painting my belly :)
 Brett starting off the painting
 Love it!  
Matt is so excited to become a Papa, and loves the baby/belly so much.  He's the greatest!

No comments: