Wednesday, June 5, 2013

29 weeks


Hi there, folks!  We have made it to the third trimester - WOAH!  With every passing day and week, the excitement (yes, misspelled it in the photo to follow, oopsy!) builds.  Matt and I both are stoked beyond belief to meet our little one.  And though it often confuses people when I say this, I'm even looking forward to the birth.  What a life changing experience that we will remember forever.

How far along?  29 weeks :)
Maternity clothes?  Hells yes
Stretch marks?  Maybe a couple?
Sleeping?  Ha.  We are currently in the 29-31 week growth spurt (hopefully it doesn't last that long!), so the growing belly and aching body makes for quite an adjustment.  I've heard it only gets worse, but I'm sure once I get a little accustomed to the even bigger belly, it may get easier.  Turning every five minutes or so gets a wee bit annoying.  At least it's preparing me for being up with baby!
Cravings?  I don't have much of an appetite these days, and honestly find it quite difficult to eat.  I have to set reminders on my phone, even for the middle of the night!  I do enjoy fruit, mostly grapes and nectarines, and though I haven't had it yet, watermelon!  I also love, as always, chocolate soy milk; I'm just drinking copious amounts these days :/  Soy yogurt and granola is another thing I don't mind eating.  I've also enjoyed our special mac and "cheese" with ketchup, as well garlic toast with "cheese", kalamata olives, and marinara. And last night, I woke with a crazy craving for Sprite!  I NEVER drink soda, but the craving didn't leave me.  Matt brought me small bottle after his softball game this morning, and after a couple sips I was satisfied, yet left with an upset belly.  Oh, and I'm still drinking pickle juice :)
Aversions?  I can't think of anything specific.  Matt hasn't had tuna in a while, so that's fabulous!  I don't know if it's an aversion, but I haven't been craving cookies or cakes or anything like that lately, like I did in the second trimester.
Other symptoms?  Where to I begin?  With Braxton Hicks, I suppose.  I'm just getting used to my new body ( I feel there are two or three big turning points in pregnancy, body wise).  At first, I really enjoyed the occasional BHs.  However, after an extra long walk the other day made them more frequent, it lost a bit of its magic.  They are back to normal after rest and warm baths (and sunshine!), but they don't have the charm they once did, he he.  It is great practice to breathe through them, though.  I'm also becoming more and more uncomfortable.  When sleeping, I flip sides every few minutes, and when sitting I also have to move every few minutes.  It's not the worst thing in the world, but not entirely fun, either.  Then there is fatigue, headaches, and dizziness.  It's a bit like the first trimester with additions.  There is also the heartburn which is just beginning for me, so I guess I shouldn't complain about that.  Or anything, really.  Every time I feel uncomfortable I just remind myself how lucky I am to be a part of this experience.  
Best moment of the week?  A couple!  The first would be alien belly.  Baby's movements are finally able to be seen from the outside!  I think Matt got more excited about this than feeling the movements.  The next would be leaking boobs!  For those of you who might think this is too much information - chill.  It's completely natural!  Breasts are for feeding first and foremost, after all.  I first noticed this when I was seeing photos of Matt as a baby for the first, and wondering if the baby will look more like him or me.  That's when I felt a little wet, and saw I had leaked through my shirt.  I showed Matt, and he thought it was awesome!  I think he said something to the effect of, "Well, we know they're working!"  What an exciting moment :)


No comments: