Wednesday, July 31, 2013

37 weeks


Well, here we are.  The first tiny step of our incredible journey to parenthood is nearly complete.  FULL TERM!

There are many perks to reaching this point: Not worrying about a preterm baby, knowing the time really is almost here, and cherishing every little moment, knowing the baby you feel within will soon be in your arms.  Also fantastic?  Being able to say "Any day now!" when people ask how long, and not being offended when they offer it up first.  

This is such an exciting time, knowing our lives are about to change forever.  I find myself loving on the pups more than usual, wishing they could climb in bed with me and never leave my side.  They will be great fur siblings, I just hope they know we're not trying to replace them, just add to the love train that is the Cole Family.  

And with that, let us take a look at what else is going on these days...

How far along?  37 weeks
Maternity clothes?  Is that a joke?
Stretch marks?  A couple more.  We've been growing like weeds!
Sleeping?  Yes, but not the kind of sleep I'm used to getting, ha!  I typically fall asleep around eleven and wake up every hour, sometimes every thirty minutes.  Getting comfortable is difficult, but I'm used to it.
Cravings?  Speculoos!  We had to pick some up over the weekend.  It's definitely the most unhealthy craving I've had during pregnancy.  I also crave watermelon, pickles, a dish we make called creamy kale pasta, coconut anything, Indian food, chocolate milk and mango varieties of Snapple.  Yeah, I could eat aloo gobi for every meal...
Aversions?  Most foods.  I'm feeling more like I did in the first trimester where most everything seems unappealing.  It is incredibly frustrating because I want to eat healthy for my bug, but the thought of nearly anything besides my cravings sounds revolting.  
Other symptoms?  Since the baby dropped, there has been more pressure on my pelvis, which is not too comfortable.  I also pee every half hour - not exaggerating.  I've also been having CRAZY dreams!!!  Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and all I want in the entire world is  Big Mac or hot fudge sundae.  Or both!  I dream about fast food and things I would never normally want to eat, and then wake up with a voracious appetite.  This is usually when I turn to Matt and kindly ask if he could bring me a glass of chocolate milk, and all is well with the world. 
Best moment of the week?  Hitting full term!  I now know if I went into labor, we could get down to business at home.  We also met with Alexa yesterday and she said Nugget looks great and seems to be seven pounds - WOAH!  The size of this child is insane to me.  S/he isn't even born yet and is already three pounds bigger than I was at birth!  Looks like Nug is going to take after Papa :)

That's it for now.  I may update every week from here on out, but then again, I may not.  Or baby may come tomorrow, who knows?  Until then, here's a photo of us taken yesterday :)


No comments: