Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Packing up in Auburn

It's starting to sink in...we're leaving home. Not just our hometown, which we consider to be Auburn since we've been here for SO long, but also the South. Everything that we know is about to drastically change, for the better, but it still makes me anxious. More me than Matt, he's a military brat and knows what it's like to move.

My whole life I've felt like I wasn't meant to live in Deep South, but I find myself lately really appreciating the magnolias, the mimosas (both kinds), sweet tea, grits, Lake Martin (where we met), and the gulf coast. And I will finally admit it...I'm a southern girl. I can't believe in half a year people are going to give me unsweet tea without ice!!! How will a girl cope?! I guess I'll just have to put on my pearls and big girl panties and deal with it :)

And Samford Hall. What a sight. I've taken it for granted the past 5 years, driving past the beautiful brick symbol of our Alma Mater every day; picnics on the lawn, breaks between classes.

We met here and were married here, and for those and many other reasons, we consider Auburn our home. It's all so bittersweet.

But there are so many things we are looking forward to! Virginia is central to so many fun places! There's Williamsburg, we're only 5 hours away from Matt's dream, - aka, Cedar Point, Ohio and our friend Max (and hopefully Tressa!) in New York City. And don't you dare forget our nation's capital! Matt has never visited and I absolutely cannot wait to take him!

We are also going to try to squeeze in a quick visit to Gettysburg and Philadelphia...I sure hope we can make it!

It's also crazy thinking that we're Deutschland bound in only 6 months!!!

So here's to you Auburn. You've been our home for so long and we sure are going to miss you. And we cannot wait to come back and visit soon, and later with little ones (which we will brainwash to love you, too)! WEAGLE WEAGLE!

Britt and Matt

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you guys, what a great writeup, Britt. You got me all teary-eyed!! You both know that I am going to cry when we say "goodbye" next week but you must remember that my heart is bursting with pride and happiness for all of the wonderful adventures you are going to have. I missed the connection between Matt's dream and Cedar Point. Tell me more..... All my love, Mom C

sarah said...

Britt!! I love the blog and you and I can't wait to stalk it while you are in VA and Deutschland. xoxo