Monday, March 18, 2013

18 Weeks


Hi everyone!  The past few weeks have really been moving along - it's hard to believe we're already at 18 weeks.  

As for us, not much has been going on.  Matt has been busy with work, and I've been working on my comprehensive exams.  Yup, nothing exciting but human spawning!

Here's what baby and I have been up to:

How far along?  18 weeks!
Maternity clothes?  You betcha.  My mother sent me some clothes just last week.  I was so surprised and excited!  It looks like I won't have to buy anything else.  My wardrobe got cleaned out last night and I put all of the clothes that no longer fit in a container for safe keeping.  I'm just a couple of weeks from being all maternity!
Stretch marks?  A few, nothing crazy.  I'm alternating between Mama Baby Oil and coconut oil :)
Sleeping?  Lately, heck to the no.  I shift throughout the night and cannot get comfortable.  My hips are experiencing some major growing pains, and sleeping on my back is no longer happening - too painful!  I have been so lucky so far, but the last week has been pretty challenging when it comes to sleep.
Cravings?  Grapes!  I've always loved these little ditties, but they have been lifesavers lately.  I often get up in the night and grab a bowl of grapes or strawberries.  I also eat some sort of tomato-based food every day.  It is usually pasta or a tomato sandwich, but could also include something smothered in ketchup.  Limeade is also super delicious to me right now.  Oh, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!!  I eat at least one a day :/
Aversions?  TUNA!!!  Matt has not listened to my, how do I say it, suggestions?  Any meat-based product.  GAG.
Other symptoms?  Thirsty, for sure.  I'm always drinking water.  And EATING!  I'll eat breakfast around 0800, and by 1030 I need not just a snack, but an entire meal!  I'd say I eat at least a snack every two hours.  I have been eating much healthier these days, though.
Best moment of the week?  I think it was Friday that I noticed how much bigger I was.  It's as if it happened overnight!  I also think I felt a little something moving around in there.  Can't wait to feel them more and more :)

By the end of the week, baby should be the size of a sweet potato

That's it for now! 

No comments: