Friday, July 1, 2011

My Husband


I think about this every day, but I am so grateful to have met Matthew Barrett Cole.  There is no doubt in my mind that we were meant to be together.  You live your whole life hearing people say "I love him/her more every day", and you wonder what they mean.  Now I know!

What I love most about Matt is that he is openminded and willing to try new things.  Not once have I asked to him to make his favorite foods vegetarian; he was done that on his own.  The best part is, it's not for me - he truly wants to try it.

There are so many things we've tried together since we've met, and SO many places we've traveled to.  Since the summer of 2008, Matt and I have been: on a road trip from Phoenix to Auburn, Las Vegas (twice!), Crooked Island, Bahamas, The Dominican Republic, Germany (all over), Innsbruck, Austria, Kauntertal, Austria, Venice, Italy, Laandgraf, The Netherlands, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Bruxelles, Belgium, and Paris, France.  Oh, and I forgot Luxembourg!

We both love to travel, experience new cultures, and enjoy cooking and eating different foods.

It's also fun to look to the future with someone you know will be there.  We plan where we want to move next, what our kids will do (aka, they will know another language fluently, they will be nerds, play soccer, dance classes, vegans, etc), and we've even talked about where we may like to retire.

As our three year anniversary is celebrated on Independence Day, I will be thankful for many things.  My country, those who have fought for it, and my favorite soldier, Matthew Cole.



No comments: