Friday, September 16, 2011

Busy Bees!


Well, hello there!  Sorry it's taken so long for me to blog.  Life has become INSANE.  

Incase you didn't already know, I am now working at Ramstein Elementary School as a paraprofessional.  I work with Special Ed students in a Kindergarten classroom (yay for 18 five year-olds!) as well as the lunchroom from 10:30 - 1:05.  Talk about CRAZY!!!  

I adore kids, and my job is fantastic.  Watching children learn and grow is such a rewarding experience.  To have the smallest part in that means the world to me.  Plus, kids are HYSTERICAL!  You never know what's going to come out of those little mouths.  When you're having a bad day, they can always cheer you up.  There is nothing like five year-old word vomit...

There are so many stories I could tell.  Some sad, some just precious, and so many stinking hilarious!!!  Melt your heart moment of the day: Kids were screaming because there was a bee in the cafeteria.  As I was about to give my "leave it alone/don't hurt it" spiel, a little voice squeaked, "Ms. Cole.  Please don't kill the bee.  He doesn't know any better.  He smells something sweet and just wants a taste.  If we don't hurt him, he'll fly back outside". 

OH. MY. GOODNESS.  I almost teared up.  Oh, what we can learn from the children... 

I went on to explain the little boy was right, and we wouldn't want someone hurting us because we were lost.  We catch and release critters at our house...

Changing gears, I am SO excited about tomorrow! Saturdays we do a bit of morning shopping at the market, come home, watch football and grill.  Going to the market is always the highlight of my week.  There is nothing better than fresh veggies and fruit!  And I cannot WAIT to get some more pickles from the pickle dude tomorrow!!!  How will I sleep with such excitement ahead?  

There is another new development, but I'd rather wait a little longer before divulging.  Call me superstitious.  No really, do.

Well, that's about it for me.  On an ending note, be kind to everyone you encounter, for you know not their struggles.  SMILE.  Be compassionate to everyone and thing - you don't want karma to come back and bite ya where it hurts.  And avoid negative people/energy.  But most of all...ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!!


No comments: