Saturday, April 21, 2012

What have I done?!

This is my Saturday:


Truth - I love learning about Afghanistan, now more than ever after my last class. But the work load is unreal. Why did this little bitty think earning a masters in a year would be fun?

Oh - that's right. I'm insane (and increasingly drunk on politics and international affairs).

Though my assignment is due in a week, I have to get done because I have this colossal collection of tomes to navigate:




Yippie.

School is great, and I'm probably going to be a lifelong academic, but what blooooows about school is that reading for pleasure gets kicked to the side. Sad day for Brittany!

I recently ordered "Ghost Wars" (SQUEEL!), "Obama's Wars" (gotta love Bob), and "How to Eat Soup with a Knife". The latter is about the history of counterinsurgency, and I'm now having buyer's remorse after reading it was endorsed by Newt Gingrich. Really? Who would want that endorsement?

But seriously. This whole learning business is taking over my life. Living for Greece!!!

B


No comments: