Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sarah's Shower!

Last Friday we flew to Nashville to visit the besties, Sarah and Daron. Matthew and I both needed this weekend to reconnect with our Twinkies, and I think that is exactly what happened.

Matt and Daron went to see Auburn beat Kentucky on Saturday (it was a close one!) while Katie and I hosted a Pin Up Girl Lingerie Shower for Sarah Elizabeth.

We has mimosas, wine, beer punch, and more wine. Then all the girls headed out to parade around Nashville in our vintage wear. It was pretty spectacular.

After much needed girl/boy time we said our goodbyes and came home. I may have shed a tear or two. The next time we see the Future Florys we will all be celebrating their wedding in LAS VEGAS!! And that is only a month away! The reason for the tears, however, is that this will be the last time we see our faves before the big move to Germany.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than thrilled about our big move! But I'm not very excited to leave the best friends that we could ever hope to have. We must not dwell on this, though, and think of the positives! The Flory/Cole trips to Greece, Oktoberfest, the holidays we'll all spend together. Think of all the memories we will share! This is truly exciting :)

And as for Germany. Well, sigh, it's getting hectic. This week all of our homestuffs are getting picked up and shipped overseas. You name it, it's going. Our apartment is going to look pretty bare for the next month and a half, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh, I also called United Airlines today and got Patton's transfer straight, along with booking our vegetarian meals for the flight :) Oh yes, I did.

May your week be filled with love, peace and light!
Matthew and Brittany

No comments: