Saturday, December 25, 2010

Frohe Weihnachten


Yesterday was Christmas (Weihnachten) for the Germans, and today it is Christmas for us! We have already exchanged presents (Matt showed me up, big surprise) and are watching Christmas movies all day!

So far we've watched "A Christmas Carol", "A Christmas Story", "The Santa Clause", and "Home Alone" a few weeks ago. Matt has never seen "It's a Wonderful Life", so I hope to introduce that to him later today. I adore that movie.

We also watched 3 episodes of The Office, all Christmas party episodes, and laughed ourselves silly! "Is that Princess Unicorn? I thought they were all sold out...My horn can pierce the sky!"

Though Heidelberg Castle was on our list of things to do today, the snow has made that impossible. I shoveled our friend, Ben's, driveway this morning. It is nothing like they show it in the movies! I worked up a full on sweat and had to shed layers down to a my long sleeve shirt. That's the yucky part of snow :(

Well, that's about it. I don't know what we're going to do today. Perhaps just watch Christmas movies until our eyeballs fall out.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Brittany and Matthew



No comments: