Friday, November 30, 2012

Morocco, Day 3

The third day, we travelled to the Middle Atlas.  Along the way to visit the Barbary Macaque Monkeys at Tazekka National Park, we stopped in a tribal town called Bahlil.  Here, people live in caves.  

Children of Bahlil celebrating 'Ashura.  Shi'as remember Hussein, the grandson of the Prophet, and his brutal murder in 680 A.D. in Karbala (modern day Iraq).
 A view from the top of Bahlil.
 Typical home in Bahlil.
 This woman was working for a tip!  I couldn't even lift that bucket of water if I tried, much less balance it on my head.  At one point, she was dancing.
 I girl doing a craft of some kind.
 Kids banging on drums to celebrate 'Ashura.
 Where are we?!
 The beautiful Middle Atlas.
 And me :)
"Are we going to be friends?"
 "I think we are!"
 "Don't be so greedy, Mr. Monkey!"
How cute is this?!

No comments: