Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cooking my booty off!




In the last two days, I've baked 6 derby pies, one white chocolate chip-mint cake, a dozen of the same flavor cupcakes, and tried a couple fun new meals :)

So here I am getting ready...
This adorable apron is from the beautiful Alisa Cole.  I LOVE it!!  I'm wearing it to our FRG Irish Luncheon Fundraiser on Thursday.  Because it's green, of course!

So Matt is the greatest waffle maker in all of the land!  He is such a sweetie and made vegan waffles for breakfast on Saturday!  DELICIOUS!  And of course, breakfast wouldn't be complete without a side of veggie sausage.
And I found a fantastic recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Eating Bird Food.  It is called scrambled tofu, basically the vegan version of scramble eggs, and you can find the recipe here.

I love taking dishes I ate growing up, and transforming them into a vegan dish.  Well, that's exactly what I did with Shepards Pie.  I took  Morningstar veggie crumble and sauteed it with onions, and instead of the traditional Worcester that includes anchovies, I used a teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce.  Then added frozen peas, carrots and corn, topped with mashed potatoes, and voila! 

With a side of broccoli of course :)

As for the baked goods, I'll try to take pictures of them later.  PS, I found a way to stop eating half the batter.  Just make it with stuff you don't like.  For example, I don't eat dairy and such.  So I just made treats with eggs and butter :)  Or if you don't like coconut, make a german chocolate cake.  It's a fantastic trick.

Anyways, I guess that's it for now.  Have a spectacular week!


2 comments:

Maria St. Martin said...

Love love your apron!!!!!

sarah said...

I don't know that I have ever eaten Shepherd's Pie, let alone made it. I may have to give it a go!!