Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Current Obsessions



I have a few current obsessions, so I figured I'd share.

1) Kimora Lee Simmons, more specifically "Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane"
She started out modeling for Chanel when she was 13, and then she married Russell Simmons in 1998, and has since developed Baby Phat and KLS (Kimora Lee Simmons) fashion lines.  She is a model (um, gorgeous!), author, and most importantly, a mother.  And I love her show!  Side note, Matt compares her show to listening to nails run down a chalkboard.  But what does he know?

2) Everything Kardashian
This obsession has been full blown for quite some time.  It's getting a little ridiculous.  Matt doesn't mind this one so much because he's in love with Kourtney (far right).  These women are the daughters of the late Robert Kardashian, best known for being OJ Simpson's attorney during the Nicole Brown murder case.  Their mom, Kris, now married to Olympian Bruce Jenner, was actually best friends with Nicole, and this caused a bit of drama.
Khloe (left) is married to Lamar Odom of the LA Lakers, Kim (center) dated Reggie Bush of the New Orleans Saints for a while, and Kourtney is just fabulous.  They own a boutique called "Dash" with stores in Calabasas, Miami and now, New York City.
I'm pretty sure if we met, we'd be the best of friends.  Especially Khloe, Kourtney, and me :)  And I consider Kourtney my fashion icon.  Matt likes that ;)

3) Patton and Matt in Argyle

Argyle was made for my males.  Patton has a collar just like the one here, but without the pink, and it is smashing!  And you should see my hubby in this pattern...flawless.  I love it!

4) Vegan Makeovers
I don't have a picture for this, but I love taking traditional homemade and many times Southern dishes, and making them into vegan meals.  So far we've done stuffed bell peppers, sloppy joes, shepards pie, and cherry cobbler :)  YUMSIES!

5) Christian Louboutin
Oh. My. God.  His shoes make me SO happy!  I don't own a pair, and have yet to find any sans leather, but they are stunning to look at.  Plus, they are lots and lots o' money, and I refuse to pay $500 + for a pair of shoes.  But I do like to find lookalikes :)  Gorgeous, gorgeous footwear!

6) Buddha

We have a few Buddha pieces in our house, and I love them for intrinsic value alone.  But then I started reading proverbs from Buddha, and found them quite insightful .  I was recently asked by someone how I have an optimistic outlook on life.  I contribute it to my diet, my very supportive and adorable husband, as well as positive readings, from those like Buddha.  You don't have to be a Buddhist to appreciate the quotes, just like you don't have to be a Christian to appreciate Proverbs and Psalms. And to be honest, they are very similar.
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned" -Buddha 
See what I mean?  Woosa.


7) Wax Seals


If you have received a letter from me lately, chances are it had a "C" wax seal on it.  I have always loved wax seals, and since many letters have been leaving the Cole household, I thought it would be nice to get a personalized wax seal.  Wax seals have been used for centuries,  and I first became smitten when I learned William Shakespeare used them.  Not that our letters are comparable to those of The Bard, but you can see why I would be inspired (Willy Shakes is my longest running obsession. Ask my parents).

And it seems that is it for now. Have a fabulous day!




1 comment:

sarah said...

I totally dig the seal, and I was thrilled to open my own letter with a "C" seal on it today :)

As for the $500 shoes... I have heard many a fashionista say that they spend lots of money on a few high quality items that are timeless and will withstand trends: black pumps, trench coat, cashmere sweater etc. and save the cheaper stuff for trendy items (i.e. everything sold at Target and Forever 21). So maybe we should save up and buy some ballin' ass shoes when we are in NYC???