Friday, March 18, 2011

A wee bit Irish

Yesterday Was St. Patrick's Day, and Matt and I had a fun time with it.

Our FRG had a St. Patty's luncheon, complete with corned beef and cabbage, Irish cream brownies, and shepards pie. I brought white chocolate and mint cupcakes as well as vegan shepards pie. Meat lovers were surprised that there was no meat or animal products involved!

And I made this cake



Can you tell I rushed this? Haha! The shamrock looks like broccoli or a tree. Quite humorous.

Also, I found out this week that I am Irish and Scottish! So this March 17th was extra special for me :) In fact, my grandmother's maiden name, Patterson or Paterson, comes from St. Patrick himself. Cool, huh?

So here I am, eating our very Irish dinner of cabbage, spinach and beans, and shepards pie



Twas a fantastic day :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: