Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our First Fútbol Game

Yesterday Matt and I went to our first soccer game. We watched Kaiserslautern play area rival, Mainz.

Matt, Sam and I met our friends, Brett and Shawn at the Brauhaus downtown. It's the only remaining brewery in Kaiserslautern.

After enjoying the local brew, we headed to the stadium. The atmosphere was electrifying! It reminded me of an Auburn/Georgia game.

We found our seats and watched, as our Red Devils battled, and eventually lost to, Mainz.

It was an amazing time! Quite cool to see people get excited about soccer. That's something we aren't used to. I can't wait to go to another game!




Ready for the game




Playing downtown




Sam enjoying a Pils




Brett with her "slate" (aka flight) of Brauhaus biers




Before the game starts

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: